There are great number of uses for plastic cards.
Use these durable and attractive cards for loyalty programs, contact information, VIP badges, photo IDs and more. You can also add tech features, like magnetic stripes and chips, to expand your card horizons even further.
No matter what line of business you are in, there is an innovative and growth-sparking use for printed plastic cards.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- You can reduce waste and keep used-up cards away from landfills by recycling your old plastic cards.
- There are PVC cards on the market which degrade when they come in contact with such organic materials such as composite and soil, and this can happen as quickly as within four years.
- If your business wants to be eco-friendlier, recycled plastic business cards are a great step to take.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
Do you have questions about plastic cards for your business? Would you like a quote? Please fill out this form for a prompt response. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are made equal, and finding the one that is best for your business can be difficult.
We want to help you find the right printer at the right price! Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from professional technicians
The widest range of printer brands and options.
Real product reviews from customers like you. Pay only half of what you expected with our everyday low prices. Rely on our experts for support before, during and after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer can seem overwhelming, but not if you consider these five factors: 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
You can get most card printers in either a single-side or dual-side model.
Dual sided card printers will save you a lot of time on large batches. When you’re printing large batches, you'll save tons of time using a dual-sided card printer. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are much less expensive than other types, and they are also much more common.
They use a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card, but often leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film to achieve a higher quality print that ensure full bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
If your company prints in larger batches you’ll want a printer with a large hopper size, faster print speeds, and high yield ribbons.
Companies that print small amounts can appease their budget by buying a handfed only printer or a printer without high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards greatly increases their durability, which is important for any cards that will be handled or swiped often.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for added security.
There are other ways to add visual security to cards that are less expensive, such as watermarks, holographic cardstock, and holographic stickers. 5. Connection type
All ID card printers can be directly connected to a PC with a USB cable.
Make sure that you choose a printer with Mac compatibility if you need to connect to a Mac. If you need to connect to multiple computers, select a printer with Ethernet capabilities. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is just another term for an ID card printer.
PVC, short for polyvinyl chloride, also means plastic, and while the majority of the time people think of pipes and construction, PVC is a very durable type of plastic that’s great for making and printing ID cards. Therefore, a PVC card printer is just another name for a photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
Any number of different methods can be used by PVC card printers to embed a design on an ID card. Popular techniques for printing on PVC cards can include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
As the card is being printed, a print head with heated thermal elements passes on top of the ribbon then the ink evaporates on the ribbon wherever ever it’s appropriate, afterward the PVC card is transferred into it,
As the card prints, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink where needed, transferring it to the card. Dye sublimation is the term use for color PVC card printers. For the same method used for black and white printing, the process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
For a brochure or demonstration of the Badgy Printer, go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordably priced color plastic card printer available today.
You don’t need a dual-sided printer for printing on both sides of your cards.
By manually flipping the card over yourself, this printer will print on either side of the card and save you money!
This can save you $600, which is roughly the price difference between a single-sided and dual-sided printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy offers a comprehensive solution for both PC and Mac. This comprehensive package includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
In addition, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can personalize the template of your choice, adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND The Badgy200 allows you to instantly print your own cards without any other assistance.
Print single cards or small batches as you need them. TIME-EFFICIENT
Badgy200 can print 95 color cards per hour.
You’re able to import data from a database, adding information to your card designs with ease, and launch a print run of your badges with including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer can create professional-quality, personalized plastic cards that have edge-to-edge printing, all while placing great emphasis on your company’s brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is as easy to install and use as a standard office printer.
You simply load the cards into the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper. Both are located on the front of the card printer.
The entire process is completed through the very simple and straightforward Badgy Premium Suite software that can be run on any PC. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized by the printer.
The Badgy200 Printer is very compact, being smaller than a sheet of letter-sized paper, and that means it will fit into practically any workspace at all.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Since Badgy makes it possible few to print your own customize color badges on demand, this solution can be applied to instantly produced personalized secure cards for a variety of uses.
- A Card Printer
It's not rocket science - instead of paper, you can print your cards on plastic.
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality and, even better, you print the badges you want when and where you want!
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and can be used just like a standard office printer.
- The system is compact and lightweight, so it fits well into almost any office workspace.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200, designed to help you print professional-quality color badges easily and affordably.
- The Badgy200 color printer is perfect for creating and printing personalized employee, visitor, and event badges, or library, student, and membership cards.
- Quickly print out reward or membership cards for customers, IDs for visitors and new employees, and more in rich color.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with an install CD which includes Badge Studio Plus software, the printer driver, and a number of card templates.
- You can design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge cards with the Evolis Badge Studio software, which is included with Badgy200.
- The printer is compatible with both Mac and PC operating systems so you can create personalized badges in minutes.
- You can control all aspects of the printing process from a computer using Badgy Premium Suite.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Go ahead and locate your ideal free template at www.badgy.com, where you’ll find custom templates, to which you can add your own logo, text, images, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank credit card-sized PVC cards.
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is an affordable solution that is perfect for low-volume printing applications. It's a complete, out-of-the-box, all-in-one solution that is ideal for first-time card printers.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
A consumables pack that includes a ribbon and plastic cards
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, easy ribbon loading at the top, and the USB/power connections at the back of the printer.
An LCD control panel makes this printer easy to use.
Quality and cost-effectiveness Badgy200 produces full color, high-quality prints which cover the full surface of any plastic card. Badgy is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
Regardless of how many cards you’re printing, Badgy produces are easy to use, offer top quality results and are incredibly affordable.
Plus, you can save power in the money-saving hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
This printer has a YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour We printed in color while it’s monochrome speed is 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Customize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy in batches or individually, whenever you need them! Gift and loyalty cards
Event badges Visitor badges